Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Clair Huxtable Way

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Pretty women wonder where my secret liesI'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them They think I'm telling lies.

I say, It's in the reach of my arms The span of my hips, The stride of my step, The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, That's me..."
-Dr. Maya Angelou



ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

When God decided to make Eve, I wonder what his expectation for ALL women were. I think about my life & the different type of women I have encounter. I have met the “I can do bad all by myself” type to “ I rather put up with his baggage then be left alone” type. I wonder “Why do WE women (& just not black women) do the things we do?”

In my 21 years of life, I am starting to become & develop into the type of woman that I want to become. I’m preparing myself to be the type of woman who can have a family as well as a successful job. My role model is Clair Huxtable. Although a fictional character, there is a lot women can learn from her. Clair balanced the family life as well as the career without losing a sense of self. In the year 2009, I know women who feel like you have to pick either Family life or Career. They feel as if you become involve with the domestic responsibilities then you have “sold out” or you “d**K chasing”. I feel like what’s wrong with wanting to be a wife or even girlfriend who cooks & cleans? Since beginning to date my Honey, it has become a pleasure to cook for him. I have been able to show my family (who says I can’t cook) that I really can. I have learned how to make different types of things from pork chop to lasagna. I enjoy looking at his face when he realizes I have cooked his favorite dish. I have learned more about him through me cooking for him then I know about people I’ve known for years. Does this make me a sell out? I enjoy cooking. Don’t get it twisted, I enjoyed cooking before I met him, but I did not have anyone to cook for, so I just didn’t. I don’t mind cooking for my man because I know after a long day at work, a home cooked meal is what anyone wants…..But not get confused~ We shared the domestic responsibilities. I cook, he takes out the trash. I wash, he folds. Some women would say that I & other like me, have “played” ourselves for our men. I say it the Clair Huxtable way.

& Just like Clair, I’m learning the position of my career in my life. I am less than 11 months from GRADUATION & I am thinking about my career. Last summer I was blessed with the opportunity to become employed at my current job. I do not plan on leaving. The pay is wonderful & the work atmosphere is pleasant. Since I am way from home, the people at my job have become another family. I have been able to come in contact with some of the most interesting as well as informational people that I know. I also have goals for my career. I may be in an entry level position now, but I have goals of moving up. I know it is some women that are like “Heck ya~ You go girl” Get that money!




But what is sooooooo wrong with having a “FAMILY & GETTING THAT MONEY?”

No comments:

Post a Comment