Friday, June 12, 2009

SELF-esteem

This is an important topic. SELF-esteem is the foundation for many different things. It is the foundation for relationships of all kinds. My opinion on it is that "IT is Called SELF-esteem, SELF is the KEY WORD'. I know that may be messed up. I'm not saying that if I know someone has low SELF-esteem I will intentionaly bring it down, but do not depend on me to bring it up. We Americans have started to find a way to "label" every problem someone may have. I think someone sayin " I have low SELF-esteem" to me is really saying " I have to come to the part of my life of SELF-ACCEPTANCE". Yes no one is 100% happy with their bodies, but you can accept the unpreventable. It is apart of life. You go through stages in your life and until you get to a happy content place, you will be on a constant jounery. When I was in middle school, I did not ACCPET myself. A lot of it had to do with that I was (am still am) a plus size female. At the time, I did not truly understand that I was DEVELOPING faster than other girls (I started in the 2nd grade and was C cup by the end of 5th grade). I did under fully understand that my body was maturing. So food became my comfront because everyone told me I was "FAT" & believe it. Now looking back, I wish i would have just accepted the fact, that I was developing faster than most. Everyone has that friend or maybe your the friend who it seem like everyone runs them over. Although they may have never came out and said, " I do not accept myself", every one knows it. It is not low SELF-esteem, it is them not ACCEPTING themselves, so in return, they allow other ppl to define them. It makes me mad because I feel like, do not come to me crying or look down because your face is constantly getting played. You know what it was from the beginning. You allowed it to go on. I'm all for helping people, but I learned, the most important lesson, is that "Before you can truly HELP people, they must first HELP themselves!".

No comments:

Post a Comment